Managing medications is one of the most challenging tasks for most seniors, especially if they are taking multiple prescriptions. As a health care provider in Maplewood, New Jersey, we are committed to helping people live safe and healthy lives. So, we’ve listed tips for preventing medication errors.
- Keep an up-to-date list of all your prescriptions, including vitamins, supplements, and over-the-counter medicines.
- Review your medications whenever you visit your doctor. This way, they are aware of the new medications and supplements you’re taking.
- Watch out for the side effects of your prescriptions, such as dizziness, feeling of weakness, and loss of sleep.
- Use a pillbox to keep all your medications in one place.
- Take your medicines properly. If you’re having trouble remembering directions on how to take your medications, you can hire a caregiver in New Jersey to assist you.
At Unique Medical Staffing LLC, our nurses are trained in providing medication management and administration.
We also offer home care, homemaking, and live-in services for seniors who need support with their activities of daily living. If you or your aging loved one needs our help, please feel free to contact us today.